The results caused by the COVID-19 outbreak are unimaginable and unpredictable yet, but we are already feeling the drastic effects. Richard Kozul-Wright, Director of the UNCTAD, estimates an impact that will cost the world economy around $1 trillion, expecting the worst scenario than the financial collapse in 2008.
What does the impact mean?
- Thousands of businesses in bankruptcy.
- Millions of jobs lost.
- Unstable political and social environment.
- Fewer opportunities, and more poverty.
The Design Challenge to Reactivate the Global Economy is open for everyone. Propose a visionary project that helps to revive the economy of a region, city, or community affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Competition is open to all, and no professional qualification is required.
- Design proposals can be developed individually or by teams (4 team members maximum).
- Designs can be of any program, any scale, and on any site. Participants are free to experiment and explore the subject.
- The architectural concept helps to reactivate the economy from a specific region, city, or community.
- The proposal address one or more solutions for economic problems that emerged from the COVID-19 outbreak (e.g., jobs generation, unemployment, housing, reactivation for sectors like tourism, cultural or sports, support local business and entrepreneurs, macro-solutions for public spaces, etc).
- First: £1500;
- Second: £ 600;
- Third: £ 400;
- +7 honorable mentions;
- Certificate and project inclusion at THE.ARK ebook.
- Title of the design concept.
- Team ID and participant’s name at the right top corner.
- Text project summary in PDF (800-word maximum) in vertical format.
Design and impact proposal:
- Two boards A1 formatted landscape in PDF.
- Supporting images to include diagrams, plans, sections, concept explanations, and perspectives.
- An economic impact proposal that includes diagrams, statistics, or infographics connected to the design concept.
- The official language is English.
- The file must be saved as a PDF and named as follows:
- (teamID)_(design concept name).pdf
- Each of the boards must be labeled with the TEAM ID.
- All submissions must be sent via WeTransfer to official email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register.